March 21, 2011 6:07 ET
July 12, 2011 6:47 ET
March 21, 2011 06:07 ET
MacPherson Medical Introduces Stat-Mat® at AORN for Hospitals and Surgery Centers
New OR Tray Delivery Solution Makes Instrument Set-Up "Ready in an Instant"
PHILADELPHIA, PA--(Marketwire - March 21, 2011) - MacPherson Medical has designed and developed Stat-Mat®, a new, patented solution for delivering instruments to the operating room in both hospitals and ambulatory care centers. Stat-Mat® Minor is the first product in the family and affords the following advantages to the operating room:
- Complete and Immediate set-up
- No more towel rolls or de-stringing ringed instruments
- Accommodates multiple procedures
- Stat-Mat® Minor may replace the current jumbled instrument basket and be utilized for: emergency trauma procedures, OB/GYN & emergency C-sections, tracheostomy kits, cardiac procedures and may be opened when needed as a laparoscopic back-up.... and many other procedures
- Ensures fast and accurate instrument counts
- By eliminating substantial time in the overall current process, Stat-Mat® embraces AORN's Time Out commitment for more efficient OR service and focused patient care
Stat-Mat® Minor is expected to ship in Q2 2011 and MacPherson Medical is pleased to announce the following reseller and distribution partners:
- Atlas-InVision Medical LLC, Crofton, Maryland and servicing Maryland, Washington D.C. and Northern Virginia
- D-Tail Medical Sales, Turnersville, New Jersey distributing into southern New Jersey, eastern Pennsylvania and Delaware.
- Parametrics Medical, LLC, Kalamazoo, Michigan; servicing southern Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, New Mexico, Utah and Arizona
Stat-Mat® Minor has been previewed and trialed at several hospitals and the market reaction has been extremely positive. Brad MacPherson, CEO of MacPherson Medical, said, "We are very excited with our initial feedback from hospitals and ambulatory care centers regarding the Stat-Mat® solution and we have an excellent first group of partners to help us service the market demand."
Dr. John R. Bookwalter, renowned surgeon and inventor adds, "Stat-Mat® is an ingenious way to deliver ready instruments to the operating room for greater efficiencies; I wish I had thought of it."
About MacPherson Medical Inc.
MacPherson Medical (www.macphersonmedical.com) designs and develops solutions and trays that deliver surgical instruments and other related products to the operating room. The initial patented solution, Stat-Mat®, was conceived by an OR nurse to deliver a complete and immediate set-up to the OR to accommodate multiple procedures. Headquartered in Acton, MA with manufacturing in the US, the company currently has distribution partners throughout the United States.